Here is the problem:
I want to vary the shading on objects that are instanced to a particle system.
In Maya and Mental ray this is not easy to do. In fact I don't know of any way to do it. In Arnold, however, it is very straightforward:
1. Create your particle and instancer system as you normally would do.
2. Assign a shader to your instanced objects (not the instancer object)
3. create an aiUserDataColor node
4. type rgbPP in the Color Attr Name in the aiUserColor node
5. connect aiUserDataColor.outColor --> diffuse in your shader (or whatever channel you need it to go to)
6. type rgbPP into the Export Attributes in the Arnold section of the particle object.
Hi, great post!ReplyDelete
Do you have any experience in using Realflow and exported channels, and using them with aiUserDataColor? Trying to create a colour blending effect (i.e paint mixing) and have 3 particle systems blending with eachother.
Would be handy to know! As realflow mesher object doesn't have rgbPP.
If not, my search continues! Thanks